At the January meeting, Mike McKay (N5DU) gave a terrific presentation on digital IP gateways/hotspots, specifically the Shark OpenRF module. He discussed different modes, uses, and module models, including pros and cons of different systems. He discussed in depth the Shark OpenRF system, including setup and operation. Some highlights of the device are: Supports DMR, D-Star (DCS, REF/DPlus, XRF/DExtra, XLX), System Fusion (FCS, YSFReflector) networks. Supports cross modem modes. Talk with your C4FM radio on DMR, and with your radio on System Fusion networks! USB powered, low energy consumption, 20mW RF output. Create your own private radio network! Also discussed were different repeater access around the region using RF hotspots. Official minutes of the meeting can be found here.
Upcoming Special Events
Board meetings are now held at 6pm on the same day as the general association meeting!
HEY! You! Got your CMSARA Shirt? CMSARA Shirts and Other Items Now Available for Ordering! Click here.
2018 -19 Board has been elected!
TWO UPCOMING VOTES TO CHANGE THE BYLAWS! See the note at the top of the page.
CMSARA Member Badges Now Available for Ordering at The SignMan! Click here.
CMSARA Event Calendar
- Es’hail-2 Geostationary Satellite Carrying Amateur Radio Payload Launched
- ARRL November Sweepstakes CW 2018 Log Count Tops Last Year’s
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- New Beta Version of WSJT-X is Now Available, Mock FT8 Contest Set
- Southern New Jersey ARES Team Assists in Missing-Person Search
- Noted Contester, AR-Cluster Developer Terry Gerdes, AB5K, SK
- Maritime Mobile Service Network Operators Assist Vessel with Ill Crew Member
- Montenegro, Lithuania Latest to Join the 60-Meter Band Community
- Amateur Radio Volunteers at the Ready for California Fire Duty
- Amateur Radio Issues under Discussion in Geneva in Advance of WRC-19