At the January meeting, Mike McKay (N5DU) gave a terrific presentation on digital IP gateways/hotspots, specifically the Shark OpenRF module. He discussed different modes, uses, and module models, including pros and cons of different systems. He discussed in depth the Shark OpenRF system, including setup and operation. Some highlights of the device are: Supports DMR, D-Star (DCS, REF/DPlus, XRF/DExtra, XLX), System Fusion (FCS, YSFReflector) networks. Supports cross modem modes. Talk with your C4FM radio on DMR, and with your radio on System Fusion networks! USB powered, low energy consumption, 20mW RF output. Create your own private radio network! Also discussed were different repeater access around the region using RF hotspots. Official minutes of the meeting can be found here.
Upcoming Special Events
HEY! You! Got your CMSARA Shirt? CMSARA Shirts and Other Items Now Available for Ordering! Click here.
TWO UPCOMING VOTES TO CHANGE THE BYLAWS! See the note at the top of the page.
Board meetings are now held at 6pm on the same day as the general association meeting!
2018 -19 Board has been elected!
CMSARA Member Badges Now Available for Ordering at The SignMan! Click here.
CMSARA Event Calendar
- December YOTA Month Activity Records More Than 80,000 Contacts
- New 2019 Repeater Directory is Now Shipping
- Japanese Ham Receives License to Operate in Myanmar
- Court Rules Excessive Antenna Application Fees Violated Reasonable Accommodation
- AMSAT Announces 50th Anniversary Awards Program
- US Islands Awards Program Announces 25th Anniversary Award, Recent Rule Changes
- Gabor Horvath, VE7JH, is Radio Amateurs of Canada 2018 Amateur of the Year
- A New Episode of ARRL Audio News is Now Available!
- The K7RA Solar Update
- W1AW Seeking West Coast Qualifying Run Volunteer Station