At the January meeting, Mike McKay (N5DU) gave a terrific presentation on digital IP gateways/hotspots, specifically the Shark OpenRF module. He discussed different modes, uses, and module models, including pros and cons of different systems. He discussed in depth the Shark OpenRF system, including setup and operation. Some highlights of the device are: Supports DMR, D-Star (DCS, REF/DPlus, XRF/DExtra, XLX), System Fusion (FCS, YSFReflector) networks. Supports cross modem modes. Talk with your C4FM radio on DMR, and with your radio on System Fusion networks! USB powered, low energy consumption, 20mW RF output. Create your own private radio network! Also discussed were different repeater access around the region using RF hotspots. Official minutes of the meeting can be found here.
Welcome to our new CMSARA members!: Technician, General, & Extra class CMSARA member, and new Baofeng UV-R5 owner: Mr. James R. Norrid (KG5YLA) of Byram, MS
HEY! You! Got your CMSARA Shirt? CMSARA Shirts and Other Items Now Available for Ordering! Click here.
New RF Propagation Tools added under Resources tab!
CMSARA Member Badges Now Available for Ordering at The SignMan! Click here.
CMSARA Event Calendar
- RadioShack “Express Stores” to Open in HobbyTown USA Locations
- US ARDF Champions Prepare for International Competition in Korea
- AMSAT-NA Mailing Corrected 2018 Board of Directors Ballots
- Jack Gerbs, WB8SCT, Appointed General Chairman for Hamvention® 2019
- WRTC 2018 Teams Produce Amazing Contact Totals Despite Poor Conditions
- Shop AmazonSmile on Prime Day and Help Support ARRL!
- Final Preparations Under Way for Youth on the Air 2018 in South Africa
- ARRL Represented at IEEE Symposium in Boston
- Friedrichshafen Emergency Communications Gathering Hears Reports
- Contest Branch Reports ARRL International DX Contest Phone Results Posted, Other News