At the January meeting, Mike McKay (N5DU) gave a terrific presentation on digital IP gateways/hotspots, specifically the Shark OpenRF module. He discussed different modes, uses, and module models, including pros and cons of different systems. He discussed in depth the Shark OpenRF system, including setup and operation. Some highlights of the device are: Supports DMR, D-Star (DCS, REF/DPlus, XRF/DExtra, XLX), System Fusion (FCS, YSFReflector) networks. Supports cross modem modes. Talk with your C4FM radio on DMR, and with your radio on System Fusion networks! USB powered, low energy consumption, 20mW RF output. Create your own private radio network! Also discussed were different repeater access around the region using RF hotspots. Official minutes of the meeting can be found here.
CMSARA Event Calendar
- Window to Submit Proposals to Host Contacts with Space Station Crew Opens October 1
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Puerto Rico Amateurs Beefing Up Hurricane Preparedness
- New Beta Version WSJT-X 2.0 Boasts Major Changes
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- AMSAT Announces 2018 Board of Directors Election Results
- Nominations Sought for 2018 ARRL Bill Leonard Award
- Radio City Announces Closing, Owners to Retire
- South Carolina Amateur Radio Volunteers Assist with Emergency Communication
- FCC Grants ARRL Temporary Waiver Request to Permit PACTOR 4 Use in Hurricane Relief