At the January meeting, Mike McKay (N5DU) gave a terrific presentation on digital IP gateways/hotspots, specifically the Shark OpenRF module. He discussed different modes, uses, and module models, including pros and cons of different systems. He discussed in depth the Shark OpenRF system, including setup and operation. Some highlights of the device are: Supports DMR, D-Star (DCS, REF/DPlus, XRF/DExtra, XLX), System Fusion (FCS, YSFReflector) networks. Supports cross modem modes. Talk with your C4FM radio on DMR, and with your radio on System Fusion networks! USB powered, low energy consumption, 20mW RF output. Create your own private radio network! Also discussed were different repeater access around the region using RF hotspots. Official minutes of the meeting can be found here.
CMSARA Member Badges Now Available for Ordering at The SignMan! Click here.
HEY! You! Got your CMSARA Shirt? CMSARA Shirts and Other Items Now Available for Ordering! Click here.
Welcome to our new CMSARA members: Brian Blackledge, Richard Brown, Chris Clark, James Day (KG5RYK) and Leon Jones. Welcome to the club!
New RF Propagation Tools added under Resources tab!
Capital City Hamfest: January 26th and 27th, 2018. More information can be found here.
CMSARA Event Calendar
- Past ARRL Great Lakes Division Director Jim Weaver, K8JE, SK
- A Note to Members from ARRL President Rick Roderick, K5UR
- ARRL Board of Directors to Meet
- Florida Ham Radio Club Aids Homeless During Cold Snap
- Registration Now Open for HamSCI Workshop Aimed at Hams and Space Science/Weather Researchers
- VFlorida Weak Signal Society 3.4 GHz Beacon Back on the Air
- NCVEC Question Pool Committee Releases Errata to New Technician Question Pool
- Fox-1D Amateur Radio CubeSat Launches Successfully, Now Designated as AO-92
- North American Collegiate Championship Set for January 20-21 in Conjunction with NAQP SSB
- Heavy Sea Ice Alters 3Y0Z Bouvet Island Team’s Itinerary