At the January meeting, Mike McKay (N5DU) gave a terrific presentation on digital IP gateways/hotspots, specifically the Shark OpenRF module. He discussed different modes, uses, and module models, including pros and cons of different systems. He discussed in depth the Shark OpenRF system, including setup and operation. Some highlights of the device are: Supports DMR, D-Star (DCS, REF/DPlus, XRF/DExtra, XLX), System Fusion (FCS, YSFReflector) networks. Supports cross modem modes. Talk with your C4FM radio on DMR, and with your radio on System Fusion networks! USB powered, low energy consumption, 20mW RF output. Create your own private radio network! Also discussed were different repeater access around the region using RF hotspots. Official minutes of the meeting can be found here.
CMSARA Member Badges Now Available for Ordering at The SignMan! Click here.
HEY! You! Got your CMSARA Shirt? CMSARA Shirts and Other Items Now Available for Ordering! Click here.
Welcome to our new CMSARA members: Welcome to our new Technician, CMSARA member, and Baofeng UV-R5 owner: Mr. James Collins of Brandon, MS. Welcome to the club!
New RF Propagation Tools added under Resources tab!
CMSARA Event Calendar
- International Space Station Astronauts Calling “CQ Students”
- Results of the 2017 ARRL November Sweepstakes CW Now Available
- New Book: Receiving Antennas for the Radio Amateur is Now Shipping!
- ARRL to Shine Spotlight on Public Service Communications at Hamvention 2018
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Deadline Approaching to Submit Nominations for Five ARRL Awards
- Tennessee Middle School Students Will Send a CubeSat into Space
- ARRL Seeks EC-001 Mentors!
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Chinese Lunar-Orbit Amateur Radio Payload Could Launch this Spring