The Central Mississippi Amateur Radio Association (cmsara.org) is proud to announce that the founder of software-defined radio (SDR), Gerald F. Youngblood K5SDR, will be speaking in Brandon MS on November 30, 2015. Youngblood is a native of Mississippi and founded the leading manufacturer of computer-based radio transceivers for both amateur and commercial sectors in 2003. His company, FlexRadio Systems, is located in Austin Texas where he serves as President & CEO of the privately-held corporation. Gerald holds the B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Mississippi State University. His speech is entitled, “SDR – Changing Ham Radio Forever” with audience questions and media interviews afterwards. The presentation will be held at the Rankin County Extension Service Office / Emergency Operations Center located at 601 Marquette Road, Brandon, MS beginning at 7 pm. The public is invited and there is no charge. For more information, please contact CMSARA at 601-345-1654 or email@example.com.
Upcoming Special Events
Board meetings are now held at 6pm on the same day as the general association meeting!
CMSARA Member Badges Now Available for Ordering at The SignMan! Click here.
2018 -19 Board has been elected!
TWO UPCOMING VOTES TO CHANGE THE BYLAWS! See the note at the top of the page.
HEY! You! Got your CMSARA Shirt? CMSARA Shirts and Other Items Now Available for Ordering! Click here.
CMSARA Event Calendar
- Fox-1Cliff/AO-95 Receiver Suffers Apparent Failure
- News from the ARRL Contest Branch
- WSJT-X 2.0 Full Release Now Available; FT8 Enthusiasts Urged to Upgrade Now
- 2018 QST Antenna Design Competition Winners Announced
- ARRL Bill Leonard Audio Reporting Award Presented in New York City
- Attorney Jane Hinckley Halprin Named as FCC’s Administrative Law Judge
- ExseedSat Designated as VO-96
- The Latest Episode of ARRL Audio News is Available
- The January Edition of Digital QST is Now Available!
- The K7RA Solar Update