The Central Mississippi Amateur Radio Association (cmsara.org) is proud to announce that the founder of software-defined radio (SDR), Gerald F. Youngblood K5SDR, will be speaking in Brandon MS on November 30, 2015. Youngblood is a native of Mississippi and founded the leading manufacturer of computer-based radio transceivers for both amateur and commercial sectors in 2003. His company, FlexRadio Systems, is located in Austin Texas where he serves as President & CEO of the privately-held corporation. Gerald holds the B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Mississippi State University. His speech is entitled, “SDR – Changing Ham Radio Forever” with audience questions and media interviews afterwards. The presentation will be held at the Rankin County Extension Service Office / Emergency Operations Center located at 601 Marquette Road, Brandon, MS beginning at 7 pm. The public is invited and there is no charge. For more information, please contact CMSARA at 601-345-1654 or email@example.com.
Upcoming Special Events
Nothing from February 21, 2019 to May 21, 2019.
HEY! You! Got your CMSARA Shirt? CMSARA Shirts and Other Items Now Available for Ordering! Click here.
Board meetings are now held at 6pm on the same day as the general association meeting!
CMSARA Member Badges Now Available for Ordering at The SignMan! Click here.
TWO UPCOMING VOTES TO CHANGE THE BYLAWS! See the note at the top of the page.
2018 -19 Board has been elected!
CMSARA Event Calendar
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Winter Section Manager Election Results Announced
- New Plan Aligns ARES with the Needs of Served Agencies
- Fake News: Belgian News Magazine Misrepresents Amateur Radio Numbers
- New Book HF Dipole Antennas for Amateur Radio Now Shipping
- KickSat-2 is Alive and Being Tracked
- ITU WRC-19 Conference Preparatory Meeting Under Way in Geneva
- Antarctic Activity Week is Under Way
- XX9D in Macau: And You Think Your Noise Problem is Bad
- Amateur Radio is Aboard during Attempt to Become Oldest Circumnavigator