A welcome treat at the February meeting was Don Porter’s [AF5QD] presentation on Back to Basics – Using a Multimeter in the Hamshack. He discussed using a multimeter for basic troubleshooting on radio hardware and antenna systems, how to perform continuity testing on transmission lines, and safety precautions to take (for example a static grounding mat). He spent some time discussing using an antenna analyzer, and a few finer points of testing electrical components (like using denatured alcohol to clean out connections before testing). Some of the basic uses he discussed was using a multimeter to test power supplies, finding a faulty fuse, and checking recently installed cable connectors. Official minutes of the meeting can be found here.
Upcoming Special Events
TWO UPCOMING VOTES TO CHANGE THE BYLAWS! See the note at the top of the page.
CMSARA Member Badges Now Available for Ordering at The SignMan! Click here.
Board meetings are now held at 6pm on the same day as the general association meeting!
2018 -19 Board has been elected!
HEY! You! Got your CMSARA Shirt? CMSARA Shirts and Other Items Now Available for Ordering! Click here.
CMSARA Event Calendar
- Es’hail-2 Geostationary Satellite Carrying Amateur Radio Payload Launched
- ARRL November Sweepstakes CW 2018 Log Count Tops Last Year’s
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- New Beta Version of WSJT-X is Now Available, Mock FT8 Contest Set
- Southern New Jersey ARES Team Assists in Missing-Person Search
- Noted Contester, AR-Cluster Developer Terry Gerdes, AB5K, SK
- Maritime Mobile Service Network Operators Assist Vessel with Ill Crew Member
- Montenegro, Lithuania Latest to Join the 60-Meter Band Community
- Amateur Radio Volunteers at the Ready for California Fire Duty
- Amateur Radio Issues under Discussion in Geneva in Advance of WRC-19