A welcome treat at the February meeting was Don Porter’s [AF5QD] presentation on Back to Basics – Using a Multimeter in the Hamshack. He discussed using a multimeter for basic troubleshooting on radio hardware and antenna systems, how to perform continuity testing on transmission lines, and safety precautions to take (for example a static grounding mat). He spent some time discussing using an antenna analyzer, and a few finer points of testing electrical components (like using denatured alcohol to clean out connections before testing). Some of the basic uses he discussed was using a multimeter to test power supplies, finding a faulty fuse, and checking recently installed cable connectors. Official minutes of the meeting can be found here.
HEY! You! Got your CMSARA Shirt? CMSARA Shirts and Other Items Now Available for Ordering! Click here.
Welcome to our new CMSARA members!: Technician, General, & Extra class CMSARA member, and new Baofeng UV-R5 owner: Mr. James R. Norrid (KG5YLA) of Byram, MS
CMSARA Member Badges Now Available for Ordering at The SignMan! Click here.
New RF Propagation Tools added under Resources tab!
CMSARA Event Calendar
- RadioShack “Express Stores” to Open in HobbyTown USA Locations
- US ARDF Champions Prepare for International Competition in Korea
- AMSAT-NA Mailing Corrected 2018 Board of Directors Ballots
- Jack Gerbs, WB8SCT, Appointed General Chairman for Hamvention® 2019
- WRTC 2018 Teams Produce Amazing Contact Totals Despite Poor Conditions
- Shop AmazonSmile on Prime Day and Help Support ARRL!
- Final Preparations Under Way for Youth on the Air 2018 in South Africa
- ARRL Represented at IEEE Symposium in Boston
- Friedrichshafen Emergency Communications Gathering Hears Reports
- Contest Branch Reports ARRL International DX Contest Phone Results Posted, Other News