A welcome treat at the February meeting was Don Porter’s [AF5QD] presentation on Back to Basics – Using a Multimeter in the Hamshack. He discussed using a multimeter for basic troubleshooting on radio hardware and antenna systems, how to perform continuity testing on transmission lines, and safety precautions to take (for example a static grounding mat). He spent some time discussing using an antenna analyzer, and a few finer points of testing electrical components (like using denatured alcohol to clean out connections before testing). Some of the basic uses he discussed was using a multimeter to test power supplies, finding a faulty fuse, and checking recently installed cable connectors. Official minutes of the meeting can be found here.
HEY! You! Got your CMSARA Shirt? CMSARA Shirts and Other Items Now Available for Ordering! Click here.
New RF Propagation Tools added under Resources tab!
Welcome to our new CMSARA members: Welcome to our new Technician, CMSARA member, and Baofeng UV-R5 owner: Mr. James Collins of Brandon, MS. Welcome to the club!
CMSARA Member Badges Now Available for Ordering at The SignMan! Click here.
CMSARA Event Calendar
- International Space Station Astronauts Calling “CQ Students”
- Results of the 2017 ARRL November Sweepstakes CW Now Available
- New Book: Receiving Antennas for the Radio Amateur is Now Shipping!
- ARRL to Shine Spotlight on Public Service Communications at Hamvention 2018
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Deadline Approaching to Submit Nominations for Five ARRL Awards
- Tennessee Middle School Students Will Send a CubeSat into Space
- ARRL Seeks EC-001 Mentors!
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Chinese Lunar-Orbit Amateur Radio Payload Could Launch this Spring