A welcome treat at the February meeting was Don Porter’s [AF5QD] presentation on Back to Basics – Using a Multimeter in the Hamshack. He discussed using a multimeter for basic troubleshooting on radio hardware and antenna systems, how to perform continuity testing on transmission lines, and safety precautions to take (for example a static grounding mat). He spent some time discussing using an antenna analyzer, and a few finer points of testing electrical components (like using denatured alcohol to clean out connections before testing). Some of the basic uses he discussed was using a multimeter to test power supplies, finding a faulty fuse, and checking recently installed cable connectors. Official minutes of the meeting can be found here.
HEY! You! Got your CMSARA Shirt? CMSARA Shirts and Other Items Now Available for Ordering! Click here.
CMSARA Member Badges Now Available for Ordering at The SignMan! Click here.
Welcome to our new CMSARA members!: Technician, General, & Extra class CMSARA member, and new Baofeng UV-R5 owner: Mr. James R. Norrid (KG5YLA) of Byram, MS
New RF Propagation Tools added under Resources tab!
CMSARA Event Calendar
- CQ Announces 2018 Hall of Fame Inductees
- Hamvention 2018 - Saturday Roundup
- Hamvention 2018 - Friday Roundup
- Hamvention 2018: ARRL Renews Memorandum of Understanding with SATERN, Promotes Partnerships at Forum
- The K7RA Solar Update
- FT8 Activity Bumping Up at Some Expense to Other Modes
- Solar Eclipse QSO Party Research Results Published in Geophysical Research Letters
- Radio Contact Planned Between Cape Cod and Newfoundland During Marconi Daughter’s Visit
- Puerto Rico Radio Amateurs Honored by Lawmakers on “el Día del Radioaficionado”
- ARISS Kicking Off 2018 Fundraising Effort at Hamvention