A welcome treat at the February meeting was Don Porter’s [AF5QD] presentation on Back to Basics – Using a Multimeter in the Hamshack. He discussed using a multimeter for basic troubleshooting on radio hardware and antenna systems, how to perform continuity testing on transmission lines, and safety precautions to take (for example a static grounding mat). He spent some time discussing using an antenna analyzer, and a few finer points of testing electrical components (like using denatured alcohol to clean out connections before testing). Some of the basic uses he discussed was using a multimeter to test power supplies, finding a faulty fuse, and checking recently installed cable connectors. Official minutes of the meeting can be found here.
TWO UPCOMING VOTES TO CHANGE THE BYLAWS! See the note at the top of the page.
2018 -19 Board has been elected!
CMSARA Member Badges Now Available for Ordering at The SignMan! Click here.
HEY! You! Got your CMSARA Shirt? CMSARA Shirts and Other Items Now Available for Ordering! Click here.
Board meetings are now held at 6pm on the same day as the general association meeting!
CMSARA Event Calendar
- LoTW Now Accepting FT4 Contacts
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- KQ6RS Wins the May QST Cover Plaque Award
- FCC Re-Charters Technological Advisory Council for New Term
- Springtime Section Manager Election Results Announced
- Educator, Author, Contester Fred Cady, KE7X, SK
- ITU Working Party 5A1 Completes Draft New Report on WRC-19 Agenda Item 1.1
- June Event in Europe to Assess Activity, Ability to Share Spectrum on 6 Meters
- Yasme Foundation Designates Supporting Grant, Excellence Award Recipients
- AMSAT-NA Issues Call for Board of Directors’ Nominations