The former Editor of the AMSAT Journal, Russ Tillman K5NRK, and his long-time partner, Eddie Pettis N5JGK presented “Amateur Radio Satellites: An Introduction and Demo of AO-85” to a packed house at the February meeting of CMSARA. A tour de force of experience, Russ and Eddie taught attendees about the origins of how amateurs got satellites included on NASA missions, how NASA benefited by adopting ham radio technology, and how easy it is to get started working the “birds”. A demonstration in the parking lot was conducted with Eddie Pettis narrating the activities. At least one new ham committed to getting into the world of satellites during the program. Others may indeed follow! Our Vicksburg ARC neightbors were given a standing ovation at the end of the presentation. (more…)
Upcoming Special Events
CMSARA Member Badges Now Available for Ordering at The SignMan! Click here.
HEY! You! Got your CMSARA Shirt? CMSARA Shirts and Other Items Now Available for Ordering! Click here.
Board meetings are now held at 6pm on the same day as the general association meeting!
2018 -19 Board has been elected!
TWO UPCOMING VOTES TO CHANGE THE BYLAWS! See the note at the top of the page.
CMSARA Event Calendar
- December YOTA Month Activity Records More Than 80,000 Contacts
- New 2019 Repeater Directory is Now Shipping
- Japanese Ham Receives License to Operate in Myanmar
- Court Rules Excessive Antenna Application Fees Violated Reasonable Accommodation
- AMSAT Announces 50th Anniversary Awards Program
- US Islands Awards Program Announces 25th Anniversary Award, Recent Rule Changes
- Gabor Horvath, VE7JH, is Radio Amateurs of Canada 2018 Amateur of the Year
- A New Episode of ARRL Audio News is Now Available!
- The K7RA Solar Update
- W1AW Seeking West Coast Qualifying Run Volunteer Station